M.S.A.D. #1 has set forth a procedure for administration of its athletic physical examination policy. It is outlined below:
- MSAD#1 now requires a pre-participation physical examination every other year between grades six and high school graduation.
- All students participating in interscholastic sports will be required to submit a Form B (yearly health history) signed by the parent/guardian and a yearly Form C (addresses, insurance, emergency medical care and the student contract) at the beginning of each school year. The school nurse will review Forms B and C and if there are no problems, will clear the student for sports participation.
- If there has been a serious incident or accident the student would need a new physical or letter of clearance from his or her medical provider.
At this time your child will need the following to participate in sports for the 2012-2013 school year:
- 2012-2013 B &C Form-please complete and return to the MSAD #1 Health Office
- Current pre-participation physical exam
A provider from The Aroostook Medical Center will perform sports physicals as follows:
PIHS and Zippel (Grades 9-11 and Grade 5) -- March 6 and 12 -- in the Health Office at PIHS
Mapleton Elementary School (Grade 5) -- March 29 -- at MES
Presque Isle Middle School -- April 3 and 6 -- at PIMS
Please make checks payable to TAMC for $15.00 and return to the Health Office with the 2012 – 2013 B & C Form and Sports Physical consent form, by February 27, 2012.
You may choose to have your private health care provider perform the examination. Your provider may fax a statement clearing the student for athletic participation to the Health Office at 768-3085 or choose to use the enclosed form. Insurance companies frequently have their own requirements concerning coverage for physicals. If this is so for your child, please contact the Health Office.
Please call 764-8105 if you have any questions. Please keep in mind that our office is closed February 20th to February 24th for school vacation and will re-open on February 27th.
You may reach the Health Services Office at 207-764-8105.
Please feel free to contact us if you should have any questions.